Monday, January 15, 2024

'a sick society'

 MLK Jr. would have been 95 yesterday. He only made it to 39.

On p. 117 of Coretta Scott King's autobiography, she wrote about the reaction her husband had to the news of JFK's assassination in 1963, less than 4 and 1/2 years before he met the same fate. I'm paraphrasing slightly here: 'he was strangely silent for a while. then he spoke: 'this is what's going to happen to me... this is a sick society''

Unfortunately, he was right on both counts. In dystopia it doesn't pay to be great and courageous. 

I'm glad dr. king's been honored with his own american holiday. I wish the truth about his assassination would become so widely known that the official narrative would be discarded, and the establishment's hypocrisy and mendacity fully revealed. I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen!

https://www.google.com/search?q=coretta+scott+king%27s+autobiography&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://dystopiananddoomed.blogspot.com/search?q=william+f+pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment