Wednesday, January 3, 2024

social alienation and isolation (loneliness)

What i can recall of a dream i had this a.m.: i'm older and all alone as a university student.  At some point while on campus attending classes i become aware that i'm only wearing underpants. Try as i might, i can't recall where or why i shed my other clothes, so i don't know where to look for them, even as i become very self conscious. Strangely, nobody seems to notice or care until finally i meet 3 young male students, all happy and friends with whom i'm an outsider, who tell me i've been called to report to a room upstairs because of my situation. I'm not sure where this is or who to report to, as i leave them, feeling ever more alone and out of place.

Strange dream, huh? just like all dreams. This one seems to have a pretty clear meaning, or at least somewhat clear, given my actual life circumstances: i'm a loner with no close friends or lovers who feels very socially alienated and isolated. I think there must be something wrong with me, but i don't know what it is or have much of a clue how to find out, beyond the notion that psychedelic therapy might be very helpful and revealing.

This is on my mind a lot. It might be my greatest shersonal issue. I've seen it repeatedly reported that loneliness is a major health risk factor for premature death, as bad as being a smoker or obese. I worry that it's killing me or will kill me, not to mention how it greatly detracts from life quality. I desperately wish to have friends and not be so alienated, but it seems to be my lot in life in this dystopian world.

No comments:

Post a Comment